Sunday, January 11, 2009

Save Money When Eating Out

Thinkstock Single Image Set

When Mr. Thrifty and I go out to eat we always check to see if we have gift cards for a restaurant or coupons that offer buy one get one free entrees. We don't eat out much these days. This weekend my youngest son was down visiting and we wanted to take him out to eat before he left. It turned out that IHop has their All You Can Eat Pancake Deal going on AND we were able to combine this with a coupon for buy one entree get one free. Each of us ordered the two egg, hash browns, and all you can eat pancakes that went for $4.99. My husband, son and I were all able to come out completely stuffed to the gills for $17.83 including the tip.

This morning was very hectic with grocery shopping, CVS, my son leaving, and a meeting of our local Atlanta Peach Sweepers (more on them later). We decided to eat a big lunch and skip dinner.

We used a coupon found in today's paper for Ruby Tuesdays. They offered a buy on get one free off any specialty entree, steak, or ribs (really this amounted to almost anything on the menu except for lunch specials or burgers). We ordered the steak dinner which included all their all you can eat salad bar, two sides, onion straws and 12 oz rib eye steak. Usually I am full by the time I've eaten their salad bar. I think it's one of the best!!!! The bill was $24 total including tip.

My husband and I have a policy of tipping our waitress based on what the bill would have been if we had not used a coupon rather than what the bill came to after using the coupon. I used to work as a waitress and I really know what a stressful job this can be. Mr. Thrifty rewards good service and does not feel that it's not fair to be cheap at the expense of the waitress.

Today I received an email from Ryan's that I wanted to share with you.

Catherine,
It's been another year since you joined the club? Already? Wow, that was fast! We appreciate customers like you and hope you've enjoyed being a member. And to celebrate a great year, we'd like to offer you: One FREE buffet meal with the purchase of one adult buffet meal.

The email told me I could share this with my friends but when you clicked the link it sent my son a link asking him to join their mailing list. I have more than one email address. I use one for my contests and another for school and another for special things like restaurant mailing lists. So although you might not want to send them your regular email address you could have it sent to an email account set up for just such a purpose. Check that email periodically.

No Ryans near you? No problem. It appears this offer is valid at Fire Mountain, Country Buffet, Old Country Buffet, and Hometown Buffet. So check out their site, get on their email list and occasionally you will receive a free meal in your inbox.

Now let me take a couple of minutes to tell you about the Atlanta Peach Sweepers. For those of you who have been following my blog you know I sweep. I can't believe that I was fortunate enough to be a part of this incredible group of people. These are people that understand when I use sweep as a verb and a noun. Sweeping can be an incredible past time that allows you to experience things you might not otherwise experience as well as meet some pretty wonderful people. I hope to write an article about the Atlanta Peach Sweepers soon. So check back.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=a2fb14dfbc5af6ea76fc149630106b4e