Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Restaurant.com



I liked this site so much i told my students about it as the prom approached. One of the kids used it to save money when taking his girl to a nice local restaurant. I was thrilled.

It's pretty easy to use. You find a restaurant in your area or the area you plan to visit. Then you buy a certificate then print it out. Take that certificate to the restaurant and enjoy. Certificates are good for up to one year after purchase.

I would suggest that you try to use them as soon as possible because we did have a couple of occasions where we bought a certificate and then when we finally planned to use it the restaurant went out of business. Another time we were enjoying a really wonderful meal at a nice local Italian restaurant and the manager told us that he was going to stop participating in the program because not enough people were taking advantage of it.

Often you will find codes to bring down the price of the certificate and I just happen to have one.

Go to Restaurant.com and use the code SANTA when prompted for a code. You will be able to purchase a $25 gift certificate for only $2. You can use them as gifts but remember to thoroughly read what the certificate is good for. Generally they do NOT cover drinks and your total bill must equal a certain dollar amount.

I have always been happy with my purchase but before I buy a certificate I call the restaurant to make sure they are still honoring them.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=a2fb14dfbc5af6ea76fc149630106b4e