Monday, December 29, 2008

Do You Love Books?

Sleeping In

I do. Ever since I learned to read, my world has been shaped, refined, and influenced by the books I have read. As an adult, with so many other things to get done, reading is my sinful pleasure. Book clubs have become amazingly popular today and for good reason. After finishing a good book, most of us feel a need to talk about it, to compare notes, and relive the high points.

We all know that there are free books available for you at the library. I got my first library card when I was six and by the time I was twelve I would spend afternoons in the library which became my sanctuary from the turmoil that surrounded my life. I'm always on the look out for books when I go to second hand stores, yard sales, and even library sales (yes they have them and yes you should check them out). What if I told you that you could trade books on the Web for the cost of postage?

What's the catch you say? You have to give up some of your books. Below are some Book Swap Sites that you might want to check out.

BookCrossing.com. BookCrossing is earth-friendly, and gives you a way to share your books, clear your shelves, and conserve precious resources at the same time. Through our own unique method of recycling reads, BookCrossers give life to books. A book registered on BookCrossing is ready for adventure. Sign up for free.

Bookins. It's a more targeted way to barter than Craigslist Here's how it works: You get 15 points just for signing up, then more points for every book posted that someone else wants to grab. Points are assigned according to a book's age and original cost. the only cost is for the book's recipient -- a flat $3.99 for postage and delivery confirmation.

BookMooch. Give books away, get books you want. Give & receive: Every time you give someone a book, you earn a point and can get any book you want from anyone else at BookMooch. Once you've read a book, you can keep it forever or put it back into BookMooch for someone else, as you wish. No cost: there is no cost to join or use this web site: your only cost is mailing your books to others. Feeling charitable? You can also give your points to charities we work with, such as children's hospitals (so a sick kid can get a free book delivered to their bed), Library fund, or African literacy.

Novel Action: Swap your books for about $1/book – including shipping! Simply select any books from the site and send in an equal number of your books in exchange. Great value, flexible book bucks & custom alerts make Novel Action the best place to swap used books.

PaperBack Swap. Mail a book. Get a book. Any book you request is yours to keep, share or swap. No late fees. No processing charges. No hidden charges. Every time you mail a book to another member, you can request one for yourself.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=a2fb14dfbc5af6ea76fc149630106b4e